Housekeeping/Laundry - Golden Living - Branson, MO
Branch/Location Code :JAN-Kansas City (50409)
Location :Branson MO US 65616
Division :ABM Janitorial
Job Type :Part Time Regular
Career Level :Entry Level
Education :Some High School
Job Description :
ABM Industries Incorporated is one of the largest facility services contractors listed on the New York Stock Exchange. With fiscal 2008 revenues in excess of 3.6 billion and more than 100,000 employees, ABM provides janitorial, parking, engineering, and security services for thousands of commercial, industrial, institutional, and retail facilities in hundreds of cities across the United States and British Columbia, Canada. Learn more at
MUST BE OVER 18
MUST BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE IN ENGLISH
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE
Under close supervision and according to prescribed procedures, cleans and services rooms by dry and damp mopping floors, dusting and disinfecting furniture and equipment, vacuuming carpets. Makes and cleans bed units of discharged patients. Responsible for cleanliness and servicing of assigned area.
· Promotes a customer service mindset. Treats others courteously and with respect.
· Responds to all requests and calls with a can do attitude. Follows up on requests with a sense of urgency.
· Views everything with a process improvement mindset. Constantly works towards the improvement of customer satisfaction.
· Dusts and damp mops floors.
· Vacuums carpets.
· Dusts furniture, equipment, window sills, and surfaces and damp wipes same with germicidal disinfectant.
· Empties waste containers and trash, damp wipes containers and relines with clean waste liners.
· High dusts and damp wipes horizontal surfaces.
· Arranges furniture and equipment in an orderly fashion and reports any needed equipment or furniture repairs to the supervisor.
· Inspects bedside curtain and window drapes/blinds and reports any needed repairs or replacements to the supervisor.
· Cleans and polishes bathtubs, sinks, mirrors and similar fixtures.
· Cleans restrooms including toilets, sinks, showers and fixtures.
· Replenishes hand soaps, paper towels, tissue and re-stocks supplies.
· Spot washes walls and wall fixtures.
· Damp wipes light lenses within reach.
· Responsible for daily cleaning of patient rooms and terminal cleaning of discharged rooms including washing and remaking of beds.
· Responsible for cleaning offices, utility rooms, exam rooms waiting rooms and other ancillary rooms within areas of assignment.
· Responsible for responding to emergency requests for clean ups and needs within the area of assignment.
· Promotes a safe working environment by upholding and following all established health and safety policies and procedures. Performs other related duties as assigned.
*Job duties may be modified at any time.
Essential Job Functions/Qualifications:
· Previous cleaning experience preferred.
· Ability to follow specific instructions.
· Ability to perform routine, repetitive tasks on a continuous basis with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Must have the ability to work in a team environment interacting with a variety of departments.
· Must possess excellent customer service skills.
ABM IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (M/F/V/D)
Use of telephones and computers may be required.
Bending, stooping, standing, pushing and pulling, and reaching on a repetitive basis throughout the day with or without reasonable accommodation.Exposed to blood borne pathogens and communicable diseases normally associated in a healthcare environment.www.abm.com
EOE :ABM IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (M/F/V/D)