Branch/Location Code :ENG-West Central (17551)
Location :Ogden UT US 84404
Division :ABM Facility Services
Job Type :Full Time Regular
Career Level :Experienced (Non-Manager)
Job Description :
ABM Facility Serviceshas an immediate opening for an Electrician in the Ogden, Utah area.
* Note - Walkover employees at this Westinghouse location will be given first consideration.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Operate, maintain, and perform repairs on low and high voltage voltage electrical systems in accordance with national electrical code to ensure proper operation and to prevent power outage. Perform preventative maintenance on automatic transfer switches, switchgear / substations, transformers and related equipment.
* Responds in a professional, polite, and helpful manner when dealing with customers.
* Completes reactive and preventive maintenance work orders and on project related work.
* Maintains various equipment such as switchgear, UPS systems, generators, PDUs, and SCADA systems.
* Completes work orders for routine repairs and installation of lighting and power circuits.
* Maintains daily, weekly and/or monthly reports as required.
* Works with and takes direction from the facility supervisor or facility manager.
* Learns, understands, and complies with fire, safety, and other emergency practices.
* Informs the supervisor of any condition deemed to be unsafe.
* Learns, understands, and complies with all Company and customer policies.
* Participates in training directed at increasing job-related skills.
* Assists in training of other employees as directed.
* Works according to the schedule prepared by the supervisor/manager.
* Works overtime as needed.
* Works on-call as part of regular rotation.
* Assists in emergencies as needed including emergency calls at non-scheduled hours.
* Assists and ensures that all work areas are returned to a clean, neat, orderly, and safe condition.
* Reports to supervisor any information having the potential to affect customer or employee relations.
* Must be willing to work on all types of equipment to provide total facility management services and 100% up-time/reliability of systems.
* Performing other duties as assigned.
* High school / technical school graduate.
* Minimum of 5 years experience with voltages up to 15,000 volts and transformers up to 16 MVA and equipment such as: programmable logic controls and associated devices, motors and controls, high voltage and energized equipment, generators and turbines, conventional electrical devices, switchgear and transformers.
* Specific Skills: read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and specifications. Install, replace and repair electrical controls and panel boxes, test an measure voltage, loads, ground faults integrity of circuits, conduct preventative maintenance and make repairs.
* Availability to work overtime as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Ability to understand and carry out instructions quickly
* Ability to be proactive, bring forth ideas, attention to detail, quality and quantity of work are critical.
* Ability to work in a team environment as well as on your own with limited oversight but remain productive.
* Strong troubleshooting ability with various voltages up to 480 VAC.
* Ability to keep accurate records of activities performed and complete basic reports
* Computer skills
* Ability to read electrical schematics and blueprints
* Well organized, hard worker, great attitude, team player
* Strong Analytical experience
* Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to maintain good working relations with other staff and building tenants
EOE :ABM IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (M/F/V/D)