Floor Technician. Kansas City, MO - KS
Branch/Location Code :JAN-Kansas City (50409)
Location :1. Kansas City MO US 64108
2. Overland Park KS US 66214
Division :ABM Janitorial
Job Type :Full Time Regular
Career Level :Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education :High School or GED
Shift/Hours :Any Shift
Job Description :
ABM (NYSE:ABM), which operates through its subsidiaries (collectively "ABM"), is a leading provider of integrated facility services. With over 100,000 employees, ABM provides commercial cleaning and maintenance, facility engineering, energy efficiency, parking and security services for thousands of commercial, industrial, government and retail clients across the United States and various international locations. Learn more atwww.abm.com. Floor Technician
Responsible for maintaining carpet and hard surface floors within a specific building-using manufacturer approved methods. Specific tasks are not guaranteed, therefore, must be flexible in performing assigned duties as outlined below.
* Scheduled stripping, scrubbing, buffing, refinishing or sealing of different types of hard surfaced floors using appropriate equipment and chemicals.
* Scheduled carpet cleaning using approved methods and chemicals.
* Spot cleaning of carpets as needed.
* Responsible for securing working area, using appropriate safety barricades, and removing when duties are completed and area is safe for public use.
* Follow all safety and personnel rules and regulations.*Job duties may be modified at any time.
Essential Job Functions/Qualifications:
* Must be knowledgeable about the care of different types of commercial carpeting / flooring.
* Must have working knowledge of chemicals used for different types of commercial carpeting / flooring.
* Must have ability to operate machinery required for duties according to safety standards.
* Must have ability to work with other crewmembers and be able to take direction from Supervisor.
* Must be able to perform all physical aspects of the above job duties.
* Previous experience preferred but not required.
ABM IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (M/F/V/D)